background

Friday, July 13, 2012

Style on a Budget







(BEFORE)






So, the thing I get most excited about and am most proud of is….creating great rooms with limited cost!

In the past couple weeks I have been to some auctions, flea markets and garage sales….picked up odds and ends here and there and created two great new looks for my home with VERY LITTLE COST!

(AFTER)




This is what I did with it in my dining room!






I am SOO proud of the fact that I created this entire vignette for less than $15.00!! I’m not kidding! You can do this too with a little time and imagination! The cupboard was a mere $2.00 at an auction. I had the paint at home already, but it was free to me from a friend. The lamp was $1.00 at a garage sale. The cherub book ends were $2.00 at a thrift store. The “Paris” wood plaque was free wood from a friends old barn door..I just stamped on it. The vintage tray was $1.00 at thrift store. The vases were free left overs at auction. The chickpeas were free from mom’s garden! The words on the wall were on clearance at JoAnn’s—5 bucks!





Of course I didn’t buy all of this the same day, at the same place with this vignette in mind! I just buy what appeals to me and worry where it will go later! Sometimes I keep a piece for months before something inspires me!

Have fun and happy junkin!

Im joining the party at The Ironstone Nest

1 comment:

mkjartist40 said...

I am not even kidding, that is so cool!!!!!!