background

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Compton House!--Sharing my home



Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! I always get asked what MY house might look like? So over the next few months I will try to give you a feel for where I live! I want to start with the dining room.

This is the view as you enter the dining room from the front door area. I keep some of my FAVORITE pieces in this room. My dining room table is NOT one of them...lol. I hope to one day get one that is more my style, but for now, I'm making the best of it! I am always on the look out for cute chair covers which help dress up my otherwise very ugly chairs. I have a few different ones that I swap out according to my mood. I always scan the clearence section of my favorite stores to get deals on them...target is the best place for that! I NEVER find 6 of the same...so I mix and match, I love the eclectic look anyhow!

This is the view from the other side of the room looking into my foyer. I will show you some close ups of each section....a little today, a little later :)
 
This is the shelf you see in the "back" of the room. I got this wonderful piece several years ago at a garage sale and it was one of the FIRST pieces I repainted/repurposed! I think it used to be brown. It had doors (which of course I kept to repurpose into something else). I at first painted it out in distressed white and used it in my daughters room. Then when we moved I painted it black and used it here! Recycle--Reuse!!Alway remember each piece can have more than one purpose, don't get locked into thinking that just because you bought it for one room you can't use it in another! I creates an entire new feel for your home without spending more money!
 
So keep checking back....I will show you some close ups tomorrow of the details! See that cage on top of the shelf in first picture?.....it holds a secret! 
 
 


No comments: